Friday, September 7, 2012

Fresh

It has been an interesting couple of days.  Two notable things happened this week.  Leonard got new skin and I took a chance.

This morning as I was walking by Lenny the Lizard’s cage I tossed over the usual “Good Morning Leonard”.  Out of the corner of my eye I thought he had two heads. As it turns out he was shedding his skin and the two headed effect was a result of the cracking of the old skin off of his head.  He is a reclusive nocturnal dude and I have never seen the actual shedding process.  It is pretty cool and it made me a few minutes late for work.  Well, 20 minutes late. The gross part is that he eats his old skin but that is another topic. 
I took a chance on a crazy ad to sell my remaining inventory of jerseys – and it worked! Who knew?  Six emails and two phone calls later and it all will leave on Monday.  I have had a business selling hockey jerseys for the last 6 years.  The Husband and I had the mesh spun and jerseys manufactured for us from a friend in Asia. We imported 15,000 pieces and JJ’s Jerseys was born.  It has been a successful run and I have met super people. Hockey guys are great to deal with. Over time my inventory has dwindled and I feel the business has run its course.  As a result I have been left sitting with a mix of leftover sizing in my garage – until now.   Not only does this sale mean The Boy has more room for his social life in the garage (he has a poker den for his friends) but it is a big weight off my back. And rather than me having to pay to landfill the jerseys someone is buying them from me and they are picking them up.  I am pretty freaking happy about the entire scenario.

Tonight I walked by the lizard’s cage and tossed over the usual “Good Night Leonard”.  He was resting proudly in his new suit of armour, pulling off the last bits of his old skin from his toes.  He looks fresh.  Tomorrow I think I will put on my weekend bra and dye my hair.  Why not?  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment